Our portrait session will take place here at the studio location, a place of your choice, or both. If you’re not sure what you want, we will talk over possibilities before the shoot to see what fits your personality and style the best. I love fun and different locations, so if you have a special place no one else knows about, lets check it out!
Before your session, here’s some things to keep in mind:
* Check your outfits for wrinkles and place them in a garment bag
* Do your nails (clear or neutral colors work best)
* Guys, be sure to shave
* Limit exposure to the sun a few days before your photo session to avoid sunburns or tan lines
* Avoid getting a new hairstyle or cut right before your session
* Select a comfortable style you know looks good
WHAT TO BRING
Your outfits should reflect your style and your personality. We recommend colors and tops that bring out your skin tones
and your eyes. Lastly, be sure to wear clothes that fit you. Everyone can look great with the right outfit! For high school seniors, feel free to bring props and mementos that are special to you.
Also to bring:
* Extra outfits
* Matching shoes (for full-length shots)
* A couple of long sleeve shirts and solid colors (to keep the focus on you)
* A shirt that matches your eye color
* Make-up, hair supplies, and accessories
JUST BEFORE YOUR PORTRAIT SESSION
* Do your hair and makeup before you arrive
* Apply concealer and powder to minimize any blemishes and then stop worrying! (Portrait retouching can eliminate small blemishes and
under-eye circles on your final order)
* Try your utmost to arrive on time. Often times the session is scheduled when the sun will be in just the right spot. Arriving late gives us less time to take advantage of the perfect evening daylight.
Finally, RELAX! I like to joke around and have fun during a session. Natural smiles are the best smiles 🙂
After your session
After our photo session you will be invited to the studio location at a later date to proof your photos and choose your favorites. It usually takes between one and three weeks for portrait sessions, and between four and eight weeks for weddings. All photo sessions come with an online gallery that you can share with friends and family, as well as order additional prints and more. For additional information browse the F.A.Q. section to learn a little bit more about some other topics.
If you have questions, feel free to hit the ‘Contact’ button and send me an email!